Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Woman on the Run - Lisa Marie Rice This book just gets a solid three stars from me. I just plain liked it. There was nothing spectacular about it other than the hero, Sam Cooper (Boy, why do I feel like this a verah verah popular hero name) wins the "Stamina" reward. I mean this guy is well-hung and can go at it all. freaking. night. long. (Yeesh, with the description of it, no woman in reality would be able to walk after that!)

LOL, I liked Sam Cooper's(Coop) love for the heroine, Julia, who is in the Witness Protection Program, and in serious danger of being offed ,regardless, due to the accused's putting a heavy price out for her head. Leaving her life behind and becoming someone new, brings Julia to Coop's world, which is a generational small town where he is an heir to a rags-to-riches Irish legacy and a curse.

Coop doesn't talk much and though he is regarded a town hero, his life has known little love. One day Julia asks him to "stay" and that's all it takes for him to latch on to her for dear life. He has always fulfilled his responsibilities, but in Julia he sees that life can truly begin...until he finds out the danger she is truly in.

And this is where the story got a little rocky for me. I enjoyed the added PoV of the killer, even when it was a little irritating to read through. I expected the hero to go alpha and the heroine to plead for some semblance of freedom. What I didn't win me was the less than smooth sequences that followed. With a killer so elaborate and Coop, who is supposedly decorated and very well trained ex-military, I expected the good guys to NOT be so clueless or be like sitting ducks, just waiting for "the killer(s)" to strike. I felt like Julia should have taken more control of her safety when she got hint that Witness Protection and the Feds/U.S. Marshall service was bullshit. Coop adamantly spoke protection, but he didn't prove so "protective." I don't know... I just needed more.

Even with the romance, I needed more, though I am glad Cooper and Julia got a great epilogue.

All in all, it was a good enough read.

Happy Reading.