Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Abandoned but not Alone - Theresa L. Henry I won't rant and rave about my increasingly present aversion to cliffhangers. Needless to say, this was one of them. However, I will say that at least this author gave up a good amount of pages before culminating in a big "to be continued..."!

I got to about 87% of the book, and that's not w/o skipping some pages, then I skipped to the end and was sure I didn't miss anything.

I wouldn't have DNF'ed it if it had only a minimum of typos or editing necessities. Yet, it didn't. Instead, I was constantly miffed by the format, paragraph PoV changes and rough draft form. I'm getting a little tired of this happening in self-published books or those published by less established publishers. That sounds snobbish, so I will say it doesn't deter me from trying to read and support books that are published in the same circumstance, but have better care with format and editing.

One good thing, the jealous best friend getting her come-uppance was sweet to read, though that only happened in the 1st 20% of the story. After that, the transition to more conflict, more story, just fell apart.