Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Awakening (Alfonzo, #5) - S.W. Frank My investment in the characters of this series and curiosity about the aftermath of "big" mistakes led me here. This Vol. tied some things up and refocused the series' conflict to outside threats to La Familia[Famiglia].

Each Vol. has brought a great pace, action and devastation. My heart is for Aflonzo, always, even though other dark haired men of his blood get a head nod. I want a good ending for one of them in particular, even if at times I wanted Alfonzo to just cuff him and snap his neck, but alas, he is the ultimate killer and his presence will not go away so quickly.

As for Selange(the heroine), for me, the jury is still out on her. I liked the fleeting connection of her to the Giacanti's legacy involving Semira, an Italian king's mistress from Eritrea, who moved powerful men's hearts. This is also reinforced by the allusion to the two women being reminiscent to Cleopatra or Nefertiti, the juxtaposition of seduction and loyalty. Furthermore, connecting Italian men's dalliance with women of African descent speaks that there is or was a prevalence. LOL

Finally, I loved Alberti in this. He is like the Yoda of La Famiglia Giacanti! Oh, and a big shout out to Fierce Mama-Nana, Maria, for stepping up, loving her son, his wife and all her grand-babies, and a waving paternity paper about like a loaded weapon. LMAO!