Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Brother's Keeper - Elizabeth Finn 2.5 stars
Ughhhh! Sure, the thought of young girl about to graduate from HS, and get away from her very abusive father, falling for her best friend's very attractive, goodguy, older brother seems a cliche, but nonetheless enticing plot. However, this one neglected to give plausible reasons for the heroine's or her father's actions. The hero was a little disappointing both in the way he "protected" the heroine and how much he prolonged poppin her cherry, I mean all the fingering/sucking almost had me sore! LOL. I got that he was worried, given the heroine's age, but it's like shit or get off the pot already, jeesh.

The heroine, though only 17, is written like she's 30, showed signs of a smart chick, but then they'd be overshadowed by her 'I'm a strong silent victim' complex, which was plain annoying and predictable.

This story could seriously use more character depth and stronger elements to drive home character motivation. Oh well, at least there's ample sex!