Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Tiger (New Species, #7) - Laurann Dohner Breed or New Species?

I probably didn't give this one a chance b/c it is the 7th in the series and it was, IMO, very tepid and predictable, about a tough New species named Tiger who:
a) mysteriously, long ago, developed a distaste for human females and a distrust for humans in general, which is not explained very much but obviously is enough for him to reject his human lover...tedious
b) finds lust with a human female and can't keep his hands off her, but decides to do all the "mate" things with her w/o actually declaring her as his mate because of-firstly, his own issues, and then secondly, her issues...and it grows more tedious.

All of this is surrounded by ever-relentless human anti-species factions who want to eradicate the New species and will even use torturing Species' human love interests to get their point across. This could have sparked a little appreciation, except the highlighted human opponents made very stupid characters (waste of word time).

This story, within this series, felt a lot like the plot has been done already, a copy cat of the Lora Leigh's Breeds minus the detailed biological and medical exposition(NOTE 2 FELLOW BREED FANS: Dohner's New Species includes genes and features of primates. Hmmm? LOL) and minus the well-established rules of mating, BUT again this is the 7th in the series (and the 1st one I've read...Should bk #7 be so blah?)

Maybe the previous books give more clarity to these things(a reason to give another go at the series?). Maybe. Maybe (the I-told-you-so Conscience says) NOT.