Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Everything Forbidden - Jess Michaels 3 2/3 Stars
Just a shave off 4 stars b/c the ending didn't add up consistently with characterization(hero) and the freedom of the heroine, in this time period, I couldn't stop thinking about because I kept asking Why the heck is she unchaperoned? or How is she allowed these trips to her supposed job w/o any accountability or spying from mother or sisters?...it messed with the flow.

I liked this story, however! Three bright characters to point out would be Miranda, Ethan and Penelope. Miranda had all the fortitude of an older sister who desperately wants to hold her family together. She is so interesting b/c she chooses a way that would satisfy her, while saving her family in the bargain, and to hell with the norm! Ethan, was unapologetic about his inclinations and he was wonderfully erotic. Penelope, sister of Miranda, was an unexpected complexity because of her reaction to her sister's arrangement. The convo and resulting state between the sisters were relevant to the era and norms of that society.

Ultimately the question is whether or not passion is worth risking honor and security. This debate wars within Penelope in the next book.

Ethan and Miranda have awesome chemistry in this book and make you want to root for them.