Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Sam's Creed - Sarah McCarty I fluctuated between 3 to 3.5 stars with this one because now I've read at least five books in a row with this author. She satisfies the smut craving without too many turn-offs. She satisfies the alpha craving.

I think I've stayed somewhat interested for the setting and the initial characterization alone. The scorching sex scenes don't detract from plot premises, but Sarah McCarty doesn't quite "close the deal" as the story rolls on.

Sam is a very handsome part of Hell's Eight. A guy who can fool you with his smile, which hides the depth of his sincerity and the brutal past he's survived. He meets Bella and saves her(predictable), a feat that diverts him from a mission. Again, predictably, he claims Bella in his mind, but shies away from any permanence, but not for too long. This is because Bella is relentless. She actually becomes the pursuer in this relationship. It is cute, refreshing and sometimes quite funny. These two have an easy chemistry because they are a lot alike.

The plot in this, like the others, is still rough around the edges(again character motivation and back story is lacking), but the action towards the end gives it an added pinch. The enemy reveals himself and the danger and adrenaline at least moves along to explain the heroine's distress. We get to see Hell's Eight band together and a choice is presented to Sam that changes the fabric of his loyalty.

This one had a better ending in the series so far.