Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Promises Linger  - Sarah McCarty A daughter of a deceased, renowned and hardened cowboy, with a considerable ranch, walks into a saloon and nearly pistol-whips her husband of about 24hrs. She demands and hustles back the money he stole from her and blatantly renounces him as a husband. Then, knowing she has to make her rejection stick, she boldly proposes to another man, known for his fight and his gun, a man who is considered, by society, unsuitable, a man who can't believe everything he secretly dreamed of is being offered by a woman who is more than she seems.

Let's just say, the woman, Elizabeth, is only impressive in the beginning,yet clueless and unnecessarily proper at other times. The man, Asa, is dependable, somewhat humorous and he has a alpha quality that is thinly worn, but dangerous. The chemistry of the couple falls in their banter and sometimes, their bickering, which is either ill-placed or just comic relief. They have great sex and-What the hell! You want them to have their HEA. Why not?!

Though this one almost had me giving it under 3 stars! Mixed with the backdrop of a western town simmering with greed, guts and adventure, this story doesn't have all the polish that it could, but the intent is promising.