Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Fury - Laurann Dohner I took the plunge and read the first in this series after being disappointed by the 7th book, which is the first New Species book that I read.

My first book by Dohner was [b:Ral's Woman|7203997|Ral's Woman (Zorn Warriors, #1)|Laurann Dohner|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1259343679s/7203997.jpg|7910279], which I liked. The erotic and sci-fi mix is done well by Dohner, yet there is something that makes her plot less fluid than I would like. In Fury, it could be the enemy faction that the New Species face or the too quick explanations of vulnerabilities and minor detail given on the females of New Species Nation.

Whatever it is, the world-building is wanting, IMO. However, I still like it. I will try not to compare this series to Leigh's Breeds, but it is difficult not to do so.

Fury is a good, dominant and sweet Species male. I liked Ellie, though she wasn't the standout I thought she'd be (from having read a couple of the later books first).

Dohner does hot and steamy well.

I'll give this series another go.