Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
The Way That You Play It - B.J. Thornton I liked (the hero)Trent Buckney's sense of family, and his devotion to his "ladies", meaning his mom and his sister. He really had a deep sense of responsibility. The chemistry between Trent and C.C.(the heroine) was great at times and at others I was a little annoyed at C.C.
I thought the secondary character, Reyes, a kind of "Latin Lothario" and bad-ass, ridiculously overshadowed Trent as the leading man. As a reader, I was much more interested in his pursuit of C.C., which was awkwardly juxtaposed with his apparent love/hate of her friend Jackie. He had layers that I wanted the author to continue peeling...so yeah...I would like to read his story.

3 1/2 stars due to some wrinkles in the plot (the ending and the inconsistency of interweaving the theme of music and its place in their relationship, among other things). But a worthy read.