Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) - Abbi Glines 2.65 stars

Here's the deal. I like this author's style. I like the teen and new adult angst, first loves and family taboos that she brings to the story.

However, the formula of boy meets girl, he 's a bad boy, she's a good-secret bad-girl or she is committed to or loves the good guy buy can't help how she is taken by storm with the bad guy, plus---some secondary characters are littered about to reinforce how "Hawt" the bad boy is, how "charismatic" the good guy is, and how "pretty" or "irresistible" the good/secret-bad girl is. Hence the triangle/build up to the big "cat out the bag" moment. Haghh!(taking a breath). This is cardboard. Nothing wrong with cardboard. If it's predictable and practical and with good characterization, good dialogue and plot sequence, you can sell it! Uh hmm, add in some good steam that makes the heart race and you'd have a winner!

Glines sold it with[bc:Fallen Too Far|16070903|Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)|Abbi Glines|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1349565157s/16070903.jpg|21864517]! I didn't care that I'd been there, done that. It was a good concoction.

Yet, with The Vincent Boys, I didn't get hooked. Oh, Beau Vincent was a very hot bad boy! I always love the bad boy. Still, the heroine, Ashton, was too manufactured. I've seen her model about 50 dozen times.

Dialogue is another character that needs attention. Here, in the conversations necessary to the conflict and resolution, the dialogue seemed to be stale or fall short. Finally, the "love" that is depicted is too shallow. Maybe more confidence and common sense to character "actions" would have helped.

Formula is good. Mix it up with the right blend of ingredients and giving it your signature touch is better.
Sometimes it is a hit and sometimes...NOT.