Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Never Seduce a Scot - Maya Banks, Kirsten Potter Took a break from all the new adult and independently published novels to switch and immerse myself in Scottish burgh and highlands. Historical romance was a genre that was among the first of my romance addiction, so finally reading it after a long spell was great.

I haven't been wowed by the few CR/Erotica romances that I've read of Banks (Colter's Woman, etc. & Breathless series), mainly b/c I think I need a break from those. So, reading Never Seduce a Scott provided a nice break (being an audiobook also!)and it was a simple enough plot of blood feud combined with evil plotter to try to thwart the potential peace of the Highlands.

Yet, what I liked most was the element of the heroine's handicap and the hero's love of her despite it. Graeme & Eveline's love built so dramatically throughout the plot and the ending felt warm and cozy. The love scenes were fewer than the barrage of steam I've gotten used to, but they were adequately written to parallel the romance and provided a singe or two of hotness.

I look forward to reading/and or listening to(w/ emphasis on imitation of the Scottish accent)the next 2 books in this series, as my temperamental reading mood seems to be assuaged for now. LOL