Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Sweet Dreams  - Kristen Ashley Okay! SO, maybe it is my secret obsession-fantasy w/ the character Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy, OR maybe my helpless attraction for reading romances, both erotic and full of 100% grade A-Alpha Male, BUT all I have to say to induce all readers (who may share my tendencies) IS...drum roll...

TATUM JACKSON!--aka once linebacker, aka once decorated police officer, aka, now, bounty hunter, aka subtle biker boy, who likes it "dirty" in the morning--oh heck, anytime! He is a little tough to take (so less hardy females need not apply); he believes in family, friends, and, most of all, providing for and protecting his woman. And get this--he likes a woman with backbone, sass and courage. Oh and this Alpha does come with baggage because he has suffered from "a type", but he SO gives sweet dreams.

Great concoction for a hero that a reader will be most willing to overlook some grammatical errors, weird dialogue sequences, repetition and somewhat cliched heroine-who doesn't believe in herself so almost misses the real thing plot. Moreover, this author has a unique voice, though keeping her stories in first person, in the heroine's perspective, may cause her heroines to be too similar or sound the same(Update: have since re-read this, and though loving Tate means liking Lauren more, I have to say, at least this heroine is gutsy).

3 1/2 to 4 stars for biker-girl-baby-mama-drama, sexy hero, H/H both in their forties, setting (though descriptions not in depth)and unique author voice/character dialect.
5 stars! Since apparently I am now an Ashley Addict and Uber "TATE" lover!