Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) - Julie Garwood, Rosalyn Landor How could I have forgotten how entertaining this was? IDK. I read this probably 8-10 yrs ago. Garwood sits in the vault as one of my 1st romance authors.

Anywhoo, Jamie was a heroine who was nutty in a good way. She reminded me of other JG heroines, but she still gets her own special place. And the hero, Alec Kincaid was a typical but great highland hero with the MO of being all bluster and minimal bite, even though he roared and spewed insults galore, wittingly.

Two elements of the story that speak out would be the villain and how the heroine is used to effect charm in the secondary characters. One, the villain runs amok, secretively, even though it isna hard to guess who it is by mid-way through. This villain's PoV starts from the prologue, setting a mood, and appears often enough to hang a dark cloud of an evil & envious two-face who you know is lurking about in plain sight[good conflict though it is somewhat glazed over in the end]. Two, The heroine has interactions with secondary characters that rival the poignancy and humor of her interactions with the hero. The good deeds of the heroine come to a sweet fruition that made me sigh with a smile many times.

4 solid stars. I experienced this the second time through audiobook, of course. Duchess Nicole, the narrator can be listed as "very good":D

Happy Listening.