Valkyrie

Climbing Stories

Right Now
Marie Hall
Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
Adriana Noir
Saddled and Spurred - Lorelei James, Scarlet Chase Alright, no hedging, I just straight out liked this book. It helped to assuage a bit of my current appetite for Western Romances.

Two things to point out about the hero and Heroine:
*Bran Turner wasn't my type of hero, but I liked that the author showed his vulnerabilities and mistakes, in bed and out. In the bedroom, I thought the encounters between Bran and his HEA, Harper, were sort of hot, funny, and ..well..REAL. Bran makes two hiccups that are no-nos and I suspect would make the female reader cringe and want to KO him with an upper cut and hard jab between the knees, but Harper handled him.

*Harper Masterson falls for Bran, her boss, with no wiles, no chases, and no stuck in her head drama (mainly). She is characterized as a beauty queen by necessity who has a strong sense of obligation to her sisters and an insecurity that doesn't impair her to the point where she is incessant about it. She is practical. She isn't afraid to work hard and humbly refusing to cater to vanity and sex in order to define herself.

What can I say? This was an erotic western romance that made me believe in the characters, even believe a beauty queen could work as a ranch hand, while giving me some intimate/bedroom aerobics that were as interesting as they were adequate. Sure, they weren't the hottest, but the sex "fits" for this particular couple.

The setting of Muddy Gap (What a name for a Wyoming town!) and great secondary characters helped more to make this an enjoyable book. I listened to the audiobook of this. Though I'd tried one of Lorelei James' Rough Riders books, I didn't finish it...don't know why, but after listening to the audio of Saddled and Spurred, I have a renewed interest in this author.

P.S.: Harper should either keep her last name, foregoing her married name "Turner". "Harper Turner" is a whacked named. Or maybe she should be Harper Masterson Turner (that has more of a ring to it).
LOL, Don't ask me why this concern kept popping up in my mind while listening to this book!